Cheeseburger Casserole recipe
If you’re looking for a great dinner recipe that’s easy to prepare, but also very delicious, the Cheeseburger Casserole is definitely right up your alley. This is the type of recipe everyone likes because it’s unique, tasty, and you can still customize it the way you want. Thankfully, preparing the Cheeseburger Casserole doesn’t take a whole lot, and you get some incredible results from it.
What should you know about the Cheeseburger Casserole?
This is an all-time favorite for a lot of people because it brings them back to their childhood. The fact that you can have cheese in the middle but also on the top is what really makes it stand out. You can always add in some ingredients to make it your own, true.
But in general, the Cheeseburger Casserole is one of those recipes that are great to try out as a standard, and you can implement and adapt new things accordingly. The main focus here is to have great beef, cheese and pasta. Then the other ingredients that blend together to create something empowering, tasty and downright impressive.
How long does the Cheeseburger Casserole take to prepare?
The recipe is not that hard to prepare, it will take a few minutes to blend all the ingredients. Considering the entire process, it might take you around 30 minutes of cook time in total and 5 minutes of prep time so you can do 8 servings.
What ingredients do you need for the Cheeseburger Casserole?
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 cup and a half of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup and a half for shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ whole milk cup
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 cups of dried large elbow macaroni
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 water cups
- 1 can of small, diced tomatoes, ~15 oz
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce (or any other sauce you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp of minced garlic
- ½ tsp of black pepper, ground
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 diced medium onion
- 1 lb of ground beef, lean
How do you prepare the Cheeseburger Casserole?
- First, you want to add the bouillon cubes and water in a medium-sized bowl. You can microwave this on the high level for around 4 minutes. Either that or you wait until the cubes are dissolved. Put them aside once you finish.
- Then, in a separate, larger skillet, you start cooking your ground beef at medium-high. Wait until you see the meat doesn’t have a pink coloring anymore. Once that happens, you must drain the grease. You can then return your beef to the pan.
- Once that is done, we recommend turning the heat to medium, and this is when you start adding the chili powder, salt, onion, pepper, garlic powder, seasonings and minced garlic. You want to stir everything here very well, and you can let this cook until you see that the onions are soft. It will take around 7 minutes at most. After that, add the sauce, diced tomatoes and tomato paste, stir it all properly.
- You will need to add the beef bouillon broth and the macaroni to the mixture and then stir. Once you complete this part, you want to let it simmer for 5 minutes at medium-low if possible. Uncover it, stir properly and then cover and let it simmer 5 more minutes. You can stop when you see that the pasta is done and it feels tender. ( Source : ineskohl.info )
- At this point you want to just uncover the mixture and stir in the milk and sour cream.
- Continue with pouring half of the pasta and beef mixture into a baking dish. It’s ok to sprinkle half the cheddar cheese and half the mozzarella over the casserole. At this time, it’s ideal to pour your other pasta and beef mixture on top of the cheese. Then you can add the remaining cheese on top if you want.
- The last step is to bake everything uncovered for around 10 minutes and keep it at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s either 10 minutes or until you see bubbling on the sides.
The Cheeseburger Casserole is a great recipe and while it can take a bit to get used to the preparation process, it’s not that hard. This is one of those recipes that everyone loves, and it will certainly bring in a great experience. We recommend giving it a try if you want a unique, tasty dish everyone will enjoy!