In semi-formal gatherings, with friends, or simply family reunions, snacks to accompany dip sauces are always a good choice. One of those that can ensure a successful evening is the Italian-style sticks, with a delicious and aromatic dressing based on Parmesan, oregano, and garlic. Prepare an Italian dip or the one you like the most, and that’s it!
This mid-afternoon snack has a high caloric content, coming from the amount of carbohydrates. At the same time, it provides a moderate amount of protein and some fiber. Other nutritional contributions come from its mineral content, essentially calcium and iron, in addition to providing vitamin A and vitamin C.
- 1 tablespoon of yeast
- 1 ½ cups of very warm water
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 ¼ cups flour
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon marjoram, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 190° C. Grease a baking sheet with butter and place it in the oven to melt, taking care not to burn the butter. Remove the tray from the oven when the butter is melted.
- In the bowl of your mixer, mix the yeast, sugar, and water. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until dissolved and foamy.
- Gradually add salt and flour to the yeast, mixing with the mixer until just combined. Gradually add salt and flour to the yeast, mixing with your hook attachment until well combined. Knead a few times and then divide the dough into 15 portions. Knead each portion on a lightly floured table, and shape it into sticks. Transfer them to the baking sheet, and roll them a little in the butter.
- Mix the Italian dressing ingredients together, and sprinkle over the sticks. Let the stick dough rise for about 15 to 20 minutes, then bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.