Discover this one-of-a-kind, mouthwatering Chicken Parmesan recipe that promises to delight your taste buds and make your next family dinner a memorable one. This tender, juicy chicken is coated in a flavorful breadcrumb mixture, fried to golden perfection, and smothered in rich marinara sauce, topped with gooey mozzarella and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. This irresistible dish is perfect for a cozy, comforting meal and is sure to become a family favorite. Follow our simple, step-by-step guide to create a dish that’ll have everyone asking for seconds. Don’t miss out on this scrumptious Chicken Parmesan delight!
Is it possible to bake the chicken instead of frying it?
Yes, you can bake the chicken for a healthier option. Simply place the breaded chicken filets on a greased baking sheet and bake at 425°F (218°C) for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through, before adding the marinara and cheeses.
Can I freeze the cooked Chicken Parmesan for later?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked Chicken Parmesan in an airtight container for up to 2 months. To reheat, simply bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) until warmed through and the cheese is melted.
Can I substitute the marinara sauce with another type of sauce?
While marinara sauce is a classic choice for Chicken Parmesan, you can experiment with other tomato-based sauces or even try an Alfredo sauce for a different twist on the dish.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1-2 cups store-bought or homemade marinara sauce
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Begin by finely chopping the fresh parsley and set aside.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally, creating thinner filets for quicker cooking.
- Next, set up your dredging station with three bowls: one for eggs, one for flour, and one for the breadcrumb mixture.
- In the first bowl, whisk together the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In the second bowl, combine the flour with a pinch of salt and pepper. (Source: Ineskohl.info)
- In the third bowl, mix together the panko breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, and chopped parsley.
- Dredge each chicken filet in the flour mixture, followed by the egg wash, and finally the breadcrumb mixture. Press the breadcrumbs firmly onto the chicken to ensure even coating. Place the coated filets on a baking sheet.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once shimmering, fry the chicken filets in batches for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Be mindful of the oil temperature, as it will change with each batch.
- Transfer the fried chicken filets back to the baking sheet.
- Spoon approximately 1/3 to 1/2 cup of marinara sauce on each chicken filet, followed by a generous sprinkle of shredded mozzarella cheese and a tablespoon of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the chicken Parmesan in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Serve your Chicken Parmesan with your favorite pasta, salad, or garlic bread, and enjoy!