Chocolate eclairs, also known as petissus, sticks or lightning, are rich French desserts with a chocolate cream filling and a chocolate icing. An excellent dessert and ideal to accompany coffee. In addition, this recipe can be prepared with different fillings: pastry cream, cream, jams, vanilla, etc. And, although it takes time to prepare them, they are well worth making, and we are sure you won’t regret it!
Ingredients to make Chocolate Eclairs:
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 12 Tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 5/8 cup of pastry flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
Chocolate cream :
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 100 grams of sugar (½ cup)
- 50 grams of cornflour
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
Chocolate glaze :
- 50 milliliters of heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1 cup of dessert chocolate
How to make Chocolate Eclairs:
- To start with the chocolate eclairs recipe, you must first turn on the oven at 180 ° C with heat up and down. And, if you are wondering how to make choux pastry to make the eclairs, follow the steps. In a saucepan, place the milk, water, butter, sugar, and pinch of salt, and stir until the butter melts. When it is boiling, pour in the flour all at once and remove it from the heat.(ineskohl.info)
- Stir vigorously until blended, it should be free of lumps. Return to the heat and continue stirring until the choux pastry forms a ball that pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Place the choux pastry in a bowl and allow 10 minutes to temper. Then add the eggs one at a time until they are all well mixed. Transfer the dough to a piping bag.
- On a baking sheet, place a sheet of paper and make the Eclairs about 8-10 cm long. Then put them in the oven for about 30 minutes or until they are golden brown. When they are golden brown, turn off the oven and leave them inside for another 10 minutes.
- When they are ready, remove them and let them cool.
- On the other hand, to make the chocolate cream, place the milk in a saucepan with the sugar, egg yolks, cocoa powder and cornflour, stir everything well until it is integrated. Then, heat the saucepan, and when it starts to thicken, make sure it does not burn. Leave it until it starts to boil and remove it from the heat. Let it cool and put the cream in a piping bag.
- Make small holes in the eclairs and fill them with chocolate cream.
- Once filled, coat the surface with chocolate glaze. Next, put the cream and chocolate in a bowl and heat in the microwave in 50-second bursts until melted. Finally, dip the eclairs in the chocolate, let them harden, and put them in the fridge, ready to eat!
What do you think of these chocolate eclairs? Leave us your opinion in the comments.
If you liked the chocolate eclairs recipe, we suggest you to visit our Dessert recipes.
Chocolate-filled eclairs are very popular, although you should also know that there are other delicious fillings, such as: cream, coffee, jam, white chocolate, vanilla, among others. Besides, eclairs have their origin in France, that is why this cake has its own day, every June 22 is celebrated the Petissus Day or Eclair Day, in France, there are many varieties of filled eclairs!
All recipes look really good and easy to make.
Great recipes. Easy to prepare. Cost efficient and enjoyed by all ages