Another great way to prepare the typical chicken fajitas that we like so much is in the oven.
It is important to marinate the chicken meat to make it tastier.
The ricotta adds juiciness to the meat, but if you do not feel like it, you can also do without it. Or simply add cream cheese.
4 -5 persons
- 3 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless.
- 2 or 3 peppers
- 1 spring onion
- 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 2 3/4 cups of ricotta or cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of aromatic herbs (basil, herbes)
- Grated cheese (cheddar, parmesan, dry manchego)
- Fresh or grated mozzarella cheese
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chives for garnish
- Corn Tortillas
- Cut the chicken breasts into small cubes.
- In a plastic bag, add the salt, cumin, hot paprika, sweet paprika, garlic powder, pepper, and olive oil.
- Put the chicken in the bag with the spices and rub it well to distribute all the ingredients. Cover the bag and leave it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to an hour, so that the meat absorbs all the aromas.
- Cut the peppers into thin strips.
- Finely chop the spring onion.
- Preheat the oven to 200°.
- Put the marinated meat in a baking dish.
- Mix the ricotta with the tomato sauce, salt, and pepper, and add the teaspoon of aromatic herbs. Mix everything very well.
- Put the ricotta cream on top of the meat.
- And the mixture of peppers and spring onions on top.
- Spread the mozzarella and grated cheese on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes and uncover, removing the foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes more, in the last minutes, turn on the broiler, so that it acquires a nice golden color.
- Sprinkle chives on top.
- Heat the tortillas in a frying pan on both sides.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables with the corn tortillas.
This way of cooking the chicken meat in the oven makes it very juicy, but there is also a little liquid left on the bottom. Serve the meat and vegetables with a skimmer to get rid of any liquid, so that the tortillas do not get wet.
To reduce the amount of liquid on the bottom, you could also bake the meat and vegetables first and then put the cheese mixture on top and gratinate. The truth is that I don’t mind if there is a little liquid left, because with the skimmer it is solved.