This cake is very popular in St. Louis (United States), the original name is Gooey butter cake, and I can tell you that it is absolutely delicious, but you can see in the ingredients that it is a bomb. That’s why it is served in small squares…It is not to eat every week, but you have to try it.
Ingredients base (23×32 cm.):
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1 tbsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 c/s salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of butter, melted
Top layer ingredients:
- 8.82 ounces cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 5 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- In the blender beaker, beat the flour with the sugar, the almond flour, the impeller, and the salt. Then add the eggs and the butter. You will have a dough-like crumble. Spread it with your hands, without pressing, on the base of the baking pan lined with greaseproof paper.
- In the same glass, beat the ingredients of the upper layer (it will be a condensed milk type consistency) and pour into the mold.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 50 minutes. Halfway through baking, check that it is not too toasted; if so, cover with aluminum foil.
- Allow cooling completely on a rack before unmolding. To cut it, it must be completely cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Coconut Custard Pie Recipe please
Do you really mean to say 1/2 cup of salt ??
From what I can find on this, the ‘c/s’ is actually from the French term ‘cuiller a soupe’ meaning ‘soup spoon’ which is about a tablespoon. The other term you might see is ‘c/c’ from the French term ‘cuiller a cafe’ meaning ‘coffee spoon’ which is about a teaspoon. I hope this helps! 🙂
I love the recipes!!