The pico de gallo is a traditional Mexican recipe of which there are many variations and used in much of America and the Caribbean coasts. This dish consists of Tomato, onion, and cilantro salad, marinated with lime and dressed in other dishes. If you don’t know how to make pico de gallo, follow this popular recipe’s step-by-step instructions.
- 2 Pieces of Tomato
- ½ Pieces of red onion
- ½ bunch of fresh Cilantro
- 2 Pieces of lime
- 1 piece of salt
- 3 drops of Tabasco (optional)
How to make Pico de gallo:
- Making a pico de gallo is very easy; start by washing and finely chopping the Tomato. Try not to crush it; chop it into tiny squares so that the chunks can be felt.
- Then we will repeat the process but with the onion. Keep in mind that the measures are approximate for this recipe since you can add more or less onion depending on what you like.
- Now it is the cilantro’s turn. To make a good pico de gallo, it is important to use plenty of cilantro, so don’t skimp on this ingredient. Chop the branches as finely as possible with a knife.
- Then mix everything in a large bowl, try to stir in an enveloping way so that all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Finally, squeeze the lemons over the mixture and stir well; add a little salt and taste to correct the seasoning if necessary. You can add more lemons or add more of any ingredient you consider. At this point, you can add tabasco to the pico de gallo if you like it spicy.
- Keep the pico de gallo in the refrigerator and let it marinate for half an hour before serving for a more intense flavor. Pico de gallo is a fabulous mixture that is commonly used in Mexican cuisine. It is served with nopales, nachos, tostadas, or you can use it as a dressing or accompaniment to different dishes such as fried fish, peppers, or salads.
If you liked the recipe of Pico de gallo, we suggest you visit our category of Dinner.