Dive into this hearty and budget-friendly Hamburger Soup recipe. Warm your soul with a blend of lean ground beef, veggies, and delicious seasonings. Perfect for those cold days and easy to prepare in just 30 minutes.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (you can use regular ground beef for a fattier version)
- 1 tablespoon oil (for frying)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (frozen or fresh)
- 1 small potato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 can of Italian diced tomatoes
- 4 cups beef stock
- Prepare Your Ingredients: Before starting, ensure all your ingredients are ready and within reach. This will make the process smoother and quicker.
- Brown the Ground Beef: In a Dutch oven or stock pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the ground beef. Break it up with a spatula and let it brown for about four minutes.
- Sauté the Veggies: Add in the chopped garlic, onion, celery, mixed vegetables, and potato. Stir well and let these sauté for a few minutes until the onions are translucent and aromatic.
- Season and Spice: To the pot, add tomato paste, ground black pepper, salt, oregano, and Italian seasoning. Stir until everything is well-coated with the tomato paste.
- Pour in the Liquids: Add the Italian diced tomatoes along with the beef stock. Mix everything together, ensuring it’s all well-combined.
- Let It Boil and Simmer: Increase your heat to bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat, cover the pot with a lid, and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy: After simmering, remove from heat. Ladle the soup into bowls, serve hot, and enjoy! This soup pairs perfectly with buns, toast, Italian bread, or French bread.
: For a richer flavor, you can experiment with other herbs and spices. Always adjust seasonings to taste.
Feel the warmth of this delicious hamburger soup, especially on those chilly days. Not only is it budget-friendly, but it’s also a fulfilling meal that promises a burst of flavors in every spoonful. Head over to Ineskohl Kitchen
for more culinary delights and detailed recipes. Stay cozy and enjoy your meal!
Hamburger Soup – Nutrition Information (Per Serving)
- Calories: 200-220
- Primarily from the lean ground beef, vegetables, and beef stock.
- Protein: 15-18g
- Ground beef is a significant source of protein.
- Total Fat: 8-10g
- This comes from the beef (especially if you’re using a fattier version) and the oil used for frying.
- Saturated Fat: 3-4g
- Cholesterol: 40-50mg
- Again, the beef contributes to this.
- Total Carbohydrates: 15-18g
- Primarily from the vegetables, especially the potato and mixed vegetables.
- Dietary Fiber: 3-4g
- Vegetables, especially the potato, provide a good source of fiber.
- Sugars: 4-5g
- The natural sugars are mainly from the vegetables and the diced tomatoes.
- Sodium: 550-600mg
- The beef stock, canned tomatoes, and added salt are the primary sources of sodium.
- Potassium: 400-450mg
- Provided mostly by the potato and other vegetables.
- Vitamin A: 80-90% Daily Value (DV)
- A lot of Vitamin A comes from the mixed vegetables, especially if they include carrots.
- Vitamin C: 20-25% DV
- From the tomatoes and other mixed vegetables.
- Calcium: 4-5% DV
- Iron: 15-18% DV
- Ground beef and some vegetables like potatoes contribute to the iron content.