Discover a sumptuously easy and delicious family dinner with this step-by-step recipe for a Beef and Cheese Crescent Bake. Made with seasoned ground beef, marinara sauce, and a duo of cheeses, it’s sure to be a hit. Learn how to make this comforting dish with detailed instructions and tips for a foolproof meal!
Get ready to experience a heavenly taste explosion with this quick and straightforward recipe for our flavorful Beef and Cheese Crescent Bake. The ingredients are simple, but the result is far from it – a delightful blend of savory ground beef, tangy marinara sauce, creamy mozzarella, and nutty Parmesan, all enveloped in flaky crescent roll dough.
Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?
Absolutely! Ground turkey can be a lighter, healthier option. Just make sure to season it properly to achieve the best flavor.
What can I serve with this Beef and Cheese Crescent Bake?
This dish pairs well with a simple side salad or some roasted vegetables. It’s a versatile recipe that fits well with a variety of side dishes.
Can I prepare this dish ahead of time?
Yes, you can assemble this bake ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator. However, it’s best to add the cheese right before you bake it.
How long can I store the leftovers?
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, bake at 350°F until heated through or microwave on medium power.
Can I freeze this casserole?
Yes, you can freeze the unbaked casserole. Wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. It can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before baking.
- 1 pound of ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 cup of marinara sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) of crescent dough
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried basil leaves
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together your cooked and drained ground beef with the marinara sauce until well combined.
- Unroll the crescent dough and separate the triangles. Position these triangles in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish, ensuring the tips are overlapping.
- Spread your prepared beef and sauce mixture evenly over the arranged crescent dough.
- Now, liberally sprinkle the mozzarella cheese, followed by the Parmesan cheese, over the beef layer.
- Bake your creation in your preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when the cheese has melted into a bubbly, golden topping.
- Finally, lightly sprinkle the dried basil leaves over your baked dish.
Serve this delightful bake hot, right out of the oven for maximum flavor!
Tips and Tricks:
- Turn up the heat by adding a sprinkle of red pepper flakes to your beef and sauce mix if you fancy a spicier flavor profile.
- Don’t have basil leaves on hand? No worries! You can swap them out for 1/4 teaspoon of dried basil instead.
- Feel free to mix up the cheese options! Cheddar, provolone, or Swiss can be great alternatives for a different twist to your bake.
Relish this comforting, hearty Beef and Cheese Crescent Bake – it’s a crowd-pleaser that will have everyone asking for seconds! Keep following Ineskohl Kitchen for more delightful recipes.