Whip up the delightful Cherry Pie Bars recipe from Ineskohl Kitchen! This step-by-step guide walks you through how to create these delectable dessert bars with all-purpose flour, cherries, and a hint of almond extract. Enjoy the rich taste and wonderful aroma as you bring a touch of Southern comfort to your kitchen. Get ready to impress your family and friends with this easy and budget-friendly treat at Ineskohl Kitchen.
Cherry Pie Bars Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat Your Oven: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and lightly grease a baking pan.
- Cream the Sugar and Butter: In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until it’s creamy and smooth.
- Add the Eggs and Extracts: To the creamed mixture, beat in 2 eggs, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract.
- Combine Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Blend Wet and Dry Ingredients: Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, a little at a time, until fully combined.
- Prepare the Cherry Topping: Open a can of cherry pie filling and have it ready for the next step.
- Layer the Batter and Cherries: Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly. Gently place the cherry pie filling on top without blending it into the batter.
- Bake the Cherry Bars: Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the edges are slightly crispy.
- Let It Cool: Remove the pan from the oven and let the cherry bars cool to room temperature.
- Optional Drizzle: If you desire, you can drizzle some glaze over the top for extra sweetness.
- Serve and Enjoy: Cut the cherry bars into portions, and serve them up for a delightful treat.
- Store Leftovers: If there are any leftovers, store them in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- Don’t blend the cherries into the batter; just place them on top to keep the layers distinct.
- Adjust the baking time if needed based on your oven.
- Feel free to add a glaze or other toppings to suit your taste.
Enjoy the southern charm and flavor of these Cherry Pie Bars. They’re easy to make, budget-friendly, and sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Head over to the Ineskohl Kitchen at https://ineskohl.info for more tasty recipes!