This easy no-bake Butterfinger chocolate ball recipe combines peanut butter, graham crackers, and Butterfingers for the ultimate chocolatey, crunchy treat. Only 10 ingredients and 30 minutes are required!
Today I’ll be showing you how to make delicious Butterfinger chocolate balls. This recipe takes classic peanut butter balls and adds an extra crunchy, chocolatey twist with crushed up Butterfingers. The end result is a decadent, no-bake treat perfect for any occasion. Let’s get started!
Can I use smooth peanut butter instead of crunchy?
Yes, you can use smooth peanut butter. The balls will have a more uniform texture without the crunchy peanut pieces.
What if I don’t have graham crackers?
You can substitute the graham crackers for vanilla wafers, Oreo cookie crumbs, or digestive biscuits.
How long do the balls keep for?
The balls can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Let them come to room temperature before serving.
Can I make them gluten-free?
Yes! Use gluten-free graham crackers or substitute the crumbs for finely chopped nuts. Check the peanut butter label as well.
What types of chocolate work best for coating?
I recommend using semi-sweet chocolate or dark chocolate chips. Milk chocolate and white chocolate are also delicious options.
Ingredients (Makes about 30 balls):
- 2 sleeves graham crackers, crushed (about 2 cups crumbs)
- 2 1/2 sticks butter, softened (1 cup or 225g)
- 16 oz (2 cups) powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 5 regular size Butterfinger bars, crushed (about 1 cup)
- 12 oz dark chocolate chips
- Sprinkles for decorating (optional)
- Crush up the graham crackers until you have about 2 cups of fine crumbs. You can use a food processor or put them in a Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the crushed Butterfingers and graham cracker crumbs. Mix until a dough forms.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes. This allows it to firm up for easier shaping.
- Once chilled, use a small cookie scoop or spoon to form the dough into balls. Place on a baking sheet or plate. Make them any size you prefer.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring between each one, until fully smooth.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate, coating fully. Tap off any excess.
- Place back on the baking sheet. Decorate with sprinkles now if desired.
- Allow chocolate to set completely before serving, about 10 minutes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week. Enjoy!
- Let the dough chill for at least 30 minutes before rolling into balls so it firms up. This makes shaping much easier.
- When melting the chocolate, do it slowly and stir often for best results. Don’t let it get too hot.
- Work quickly when coating the balls so the chocolate doesn’t harden before you finish.
- Drizzle or pipe extra chocolate over the finished balls for a pretty presentation.
- Store the chocolate balls layered between pieces of parchment or wax paper so they don’t stick together.
- Play around with different coatings like crushed candy canes, sprinkles, coconut, nuts or drizzled caramel.
- Gift a batch in a festive tin or box for a delicious homemade holiday treat!
These rich, chocolatey Butterfinger balls are the perfect sweet treat! Let me know if you give this recipe a try. I hope you love them as much as we do.