I’m not a fan of coleslaw, but I am a fan of sweet and sour dishes, so I loved this version, with bacon and peaches.
It is very easy to prepare and the flavors combine amazingly, of course, if your thing is the classic coleslaw, we leave you this recipe so you can learn how to prepare it.
- 10 slices of bacon, browned and chopped
- 4 cups of sliced cabbage
- 1 can peaches in syrup, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (homemade mayonnaise is best)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Mix the cabbage, bacon, and peaches together.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the olive oil and vinegar.
- Add the dressing to the cabbage and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with roast chicken – it’s great!
One of the great advantages of eating cabbage is that it is made up of a lot of water, so it has few calories, but a lot of flavors.
I love coleslaw from American restaurants. Now I can eat it at home whenever I want 😜.
Another Version of coleslaw Recipe
- 1/2 Cabbage or plain cabbage
- 4 carrots
- 2 fresh onions
- 1 Apple
- Mild mayonnaise
- Cut the cabbage finely. Use the white part, which is the most tender. Peel the carrots, onions, and apple and chop them into julienne strips.
- Prepare a light mayonnaise, for this, you can add a little milk to traditional homemade mayonnaise. Add a teaspoon of mustard and a little sugar.
- Add salt and pepper and season to taste. Enjoy.
No link to print!
My husband has prostate cancer and I’m looking for something he can eat. He cannot stand to smell anything cooking. Your receipes look yummy to me. Do you have any hints for people who have cancer and are going through radiation? Anything greesy he cannot handle. I will see if I can fix some of the things you have shared. Thank you.