Macaroni and Cheese is one of the staple recipes that everyone likes because it’s filled with cheese sauce, breadcrumbs, and macaroni. This combination is delicious and everyone loves it, but there are obvious challenges that can arise too. This is why you wonder, are Macaroni and Cheese a great recipe to try out? Generally, if you are a beginner, there are simpler recipes for you. But Mac and Cheese is one of those great recipes that stand the test of time and which you really have to try out.
Macaroni and Cheese is one of those amazing recipes people love because it’s healthy, enjoyable, and with a rich texture. Some people are put off by the fact that this recipe is a bit complex, but the truth is that it’s not extremely hard to do. And if you manage to do it right, you can actually get some really good results.
With that in mind, you have a combination of different cheese types that are all layered in the dish, but also a creamy cheese sauce and all kinds of great benefits. If you want to enjoy a wonderful dinner or maybe prepare a great recipe for the holidays, then Macaroni and Cheese might actually be the ideal option to think about.
In Ineskohl Kitchen, I will show you my own way to prepare Macaroni and Cheese.
Ingredients you need for Macaroni and Cheese
- 50 grams of baguette split into small chunks
- 350 grams of spiral/short pasta
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1 tsp of mustard powder
- 3 tbsp of plain flour
- 250 grams of matured cheddar
- 50 grams of parmesan
- 500 ml of whole milk
How can you prepare the Macaroni and Cheese recipe?
- You want to heat the oven to around 200 degrees Celsius and in the meantime, you can spread the chunks of baguette on the baking sheet. You can also drizzle it with some melted butter and even season it a little. Bake this for roughly 6 minutes so it can be crisp, then you can just set it aside.
- Once you finish that, you have to boil your pasta for around 2 minutes less than what’s said on its packaging and drain it. Then you have to melt the butter in your saucepan, add the garlic and mustard powder, cook that for a minute, and then you can stir the flour in this.
- After you do that, you must cook for 1 more minute, and then whisk the milk, making sure that you have a sauce without lumps. Simmer this for around 5 minutes, as we said you have to continue whisking as much as possible. Remove this from the heat, then you can stir the cheddar and around half the parmesan as well. ( source: Ineskohl.info)
- Then we have to continue by stirring the pasta and also include some seasoning on the sauce. You then have to tip this in an ovenproof dish, ideally a large one.
- Lastly, you need to scatter the remaining parmesan and bread and bake for around 2 minutes until it’s golden and crisp. You can freeze it before baking, just make sure you defrost it before you cook it.
The Macaroni and Cheese recipe is a very interesting one that we all tried at one point in our life. Now with this recipe, you can prepare your own version of Macaroni and Cheese which is tasty and very delicious. It all comes down to giving it a try for yourself today and seeing just how great this can be!
Preparing the Macaroni and Cheese recipe will take a little bit, but it’s one of those recipes that stands out with its unique quality and approach. It’s totally worth giving it a try, especially if you want a refreshing dish!
If you liked this Macaroni and Cheese Recipe, I recommend you visit the Dinner category for similar recipes.