Macaroni and cheese is one of those recipes that many people love because it’s fun to do and very tasty and nutritious. You will be pretty impressed with the fantastic health benefits of Macaroni and cheese. Plus, this is the type of food that many enjoyed as a child, and it’s stuff like that which really brings in an enjoyable experience. It’s totally worth giving it a try if you want interesting, fun, and exciting recipes every day.
Why should you try the Macaroni and cheese recipe?
There are many things to enjoy about the Macaroni and cheese recipe. The taste is definitely one of those defining factors that a lot of people enjoy. The quality of this dish is always great. Plus, you can try and make it your own, which is really exciting and rewarding. To make things better, Macaroni and cheese is also nutritious. A serving has 630 calories, 26 grams of protein, but also 55 grams of carbs, 33 grams of fat and 99.6 mg of cholesterol. It’s definitely one of those dishes that you will cherish and appreciate, just because it’s so good and a pleasure to enjoy every day.
How much time does it take to prepare Macaroni and cheese?
It depends on how many servings you want to do. If you want 4 servings, the prep time will be around 10 minutes and the cooking time roughly 20 minutes. So yes, in 30 minutes, you can easily enjoy your favorite Macaroni and cheese without that much of a hassle. And that’s the thing that truly makes it unique and different in the first place.
Macaroni and cheese ingredients
- 8 ounces of box elbow Macaroni
- 2 cups of shredded Cheddar
- 2 cups of milk
- ¼ cup of butter
- ¼ cup of flour
- Ground black pepper
- ½ tsp of salt
Preparing the Macaroni and cheese recipe
- First, you want to bring your pot with some salted water to boil.
- Once that is done, you start cooking your Macaroni in the water and stir from time to time. It should be cooked but also firm when you bite it. 8 minutes is usually the right timeline for this. Then you can drain it. (source: ineskohl.info)
- The next thing you must do is to melt your butter in the saucepan at medium heat. Make sure that you stir the pepper, salt, and flour until it’s all smooth. 5 minutes will do it. Then you need to slowly add the milk into the mixture and stir until it’s bubbling yet rather smooth. Again, 5 minutes will do the trick for this.
- Now you must add some Cheddar cheese to the mixture and stir until you see that the cheese is fully melted. This will take anywhere from 2 to 4 minutes.
- Lastly, you will need to fold the Macaroni into your cheese sauce. The recipe is complete and ready to go when it’s fully coated.
As you can see, the Macaroni and cheese recipe is amazing and not that hard to make. It’s a good idea to at least test it out for yourself and have fun; it’s definitely worth a shot!