I have tried a lot of Mexican foods, but Mexican tortilla casserole remains the best one for me; this casserole made with tortillas, cheese, and chicken. one of the tastiest Mexican food you can ever try.
My daughter does not like cheese, but she loves this casserole, and she asks me often to make it for dinner.
This casserole is like a lasagna, but instead of using sheets of pasta, it uses tortillas; it’s a Mexican delight!
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green sweet chile, cut into strips
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) of black beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) sweet corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 15 corn tortillas in triangles
- 1 ¼ cup shredded cheese (cheddar or Monterey Jack)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
- In a skillet, cook the onion until it crystallizes. Add garlic and sweet chile—Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in beans, sweet corn, tomatoes, pasta, and broth. Season with cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for 8 minutes over medium heat.
- Place a layer of tortillas at the bottom of the pan, followed by a layer of vegetables. Repeat 1 more time until finished with tortillas. Add cheese on top—Bake for 20 minutes in the oven.
- Serve with chopped cilantro and avocado.