Hey there, foodie friends! It’s time for another delicious recipe from Ineskohl Kitchen. Today, I’m going to share with you one of my family’s favorite meals – Oven Baked Pork Chops and Potatoes. This dish is super easy to prepare, and my kids absolutely love it. So, let’s jump right in and start cooking!
Can I use boneless pork chops instead of bone-in?
Absolutely! Feel free to use boneless pork chops if that’s your preference. Just keep in mind that boneless pork chops might cook a little faster, so keep an eye on them to ensure they don’t overcook.
Can I use less minced garlic in the sauce?
Absolutely! Feel free to adjust the amount of garlic to suit your family’s taste buds. You can even leave it out altogether if you prefer.
I don’t have a convection oven. Can I still make this recipe?
You bet! If you don’t have a convection oven, just preheat your regular oven to 400°F (205°C) and follow the same cooking instructions. Keep in mind that cooking times may vary slightly, so use a meat thermometer to ensure your pork chops are cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
- 4-6 bone-in pork chops (adjust the number based on your family size)
- 2 pounds red potatoes, diced into bite-sized pieces
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the sauce:
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (or more if you love garlic like my family does)
- Preheat your oven to 390°F (200°C) with convection heat.
- Dice your red potatoes into bite-sized pieces and spread them out evenly on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes, then season them with salt and pepper. Place the baking sheet in the oven.
- While the potatoes start to cook, prepare the sauce for the pork chops by combining the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, soy sauce, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and minced garlic in a bowl.
- After about 15 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and toss the potatoes to ensure they cook evenly. Push the potatoes to the edges of the pan to make room for the pork chops.
- Baste one side of the pork chops with the sauce, then place them sauce-side down on the baking sheet, nestled among the potatoes.
- Baste the top side of the pork chops with the remaining sauce.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, flip the pork chops and toss the potatoes. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Finally, switch your oven to the broiler setting on high and cook for a few more minutes to caramelize and crisp up the pork chops.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and serve your delicious Oven Baked Pork Chops and Potatoes!
This dish is perfect with a simple salad on the side, and it’s sure to be a hit with your family. If you have any questions or need more help, feel free to leave a comment on my blog or send me a message. I’m always happy to help fellow home cooks. Enjoy, and happy cooking!