Blueberry lovers, this recipe will delight you, I’m sure.
If you are looking for a delicious berry cake for breakfast, this one is the perfect breakfast cake for you; everybody loves it, both kids and adults. It’s delicious and easy to make.
- 1 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 2 Pinch(s) of baking soda
- 1 Pinch(s) of salt
- 1 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 90 gram(s) softened butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/4 cup of buttermilk
- 280 gram(s) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180° .
- Mix flour, baking powder, bicarbonate, and salt with a whisk.
- Beat the sugar and butter in a bowl with a medium-my mixer until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Add vanilla, egg, and egg white; beat again.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning with flour.
- Spoon half of the batter into one oiled or buttered round pan, about 23 cm in diameter.
- Sprinkle evenly with half of the blueberries, add the remaining batter and finish with blueberries.
- Sprinkle the top evenly with one tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 min on one rack; remove from pan, cool completely on rack.
- If you can’t find “buttermilk,” replace it with one yogurt mixed with 3 tbsp—Skim milk.
Note: if you serve it as a dessert, garnish it with ice cream or sorbet.