Try this delicious recipe of CINNAMON BREAD, the perfect way to add a little sweetness to your breakfast. This bread, flavored with cinnamon, is soft and crunchy at the same time, thanks to the caramelized pecans.
FOR A BREAD
- 380 g flour (About 1.61 cups)
- 2 1/3 tsp of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 0.35 tsp of fresh yeast (or 7.5 g of dehydrated yeast)
- 20 cl of warm water
- 3 2/3 tablespoons of milk powder
- 3.52 Tablespoons soft butter
- 3/4 cup of crushed pecans
- 2 teaspoons of powdered cinnamon
FOR CINNAMON AND CARAMELIZED PECAN BREAD
- Put salt, cinnamon, flour, sugar, powdered milk, crumbled yeast in the mixer bowl, and add water. Start kneading for 4 minutes at low speed. When the dough becomes homogeneous, add the softened butter in small pieces and knead at medium speed for a further 5 minutes. Add the pecans and knead until they are well incorporated (about 2 min).
- Let the dough grow, covered and at room temperature, for 1.5 hours in the mixer bowl (near a heater or in the preheated oven for 5 minutes at 40°C).
- Place the dough on a floured work surface and press out the air 3-4 times with the palm of your hand. Then place the dough in a 30 cm cake tin.
- Let rise again for 1h30. The dough should double in size.
- Bake (always with the weight on the pan) in a preheated oven at 180°c for 25-30 min. Turn out of the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- – to obtain a rectangular loaf of bread “like at the baker’s,” place a sheet of greaseproof paper covered with a weight on the mold (I put a baking tray on it). This will prevent the dough from slipping out from the mold.
- – to know if the bread is cooked: I tap the crust, and it should “ring hollow.”
- – to caramelize the pecans: In a saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of sugar to obtain a golden caramel, add the nuts, mix well, remove from the heat and pour on a sheet of baking paper. Once cooled, crush the pecans.