A cake with the perfect flavor and texture. Rich, succulent, and with the perfect touch of vanilla.
How do I store Sour Cream Pound Cake ?
The cake should be stored in a tightly closed plastic food container. In the room temperature. Do not forget to wrap the container with plastic wrap, So you can keep for a week.
What can I instead of sour cream?
The best alternative that can be used if you do not have sour cream is full-fat Greek yogurt.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups refined sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Grease and flour a 25-centimeter (10-inch) diameter springform pan.
- Beat the butter with the sugar in a large bowl, until it becomes fluffy and loses most of its color. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla along with the last egg.
- Separately mix the flour with baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Stir into the wet ingredients, beating just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan and even the surface. Bake in the preheated oven until it passes the toothpick test, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and leave it in the pan for 10 minutes. Then unmold on a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
If you liked this Old Fashioned Sour Cream Pound Cake recipe, I recommend you visit Desserts category for similar recipes.