This potato soup with vegetables is a creamy and comforting preparation. Write down its steps because it is an easy, cheap, and tasty recipe.
The potato soup with vegetables is a creamy dish, very nutritious, that when eating it gives satiety and satisfaction for its intense flavor. This soup provides vitamins and minerals from different vegetables; one of the advantages of eating a hearty bowl of soup is the amount of water provided to the body. In addition, it contains fiber and antioxidants, relevant elements for good health. On cold days, potato soup with vegetables is perfect for finding the warmth the body needs. Not to mention the advantages of the practicality of its preparation.
The potato, the base of this soup, is a tuber with valuable properties and health benefits. It is rich in carbohydrates, so it provides substantial energy to the body. It is high in potassium, vitamin C, B vitamins, folic acid, iron, and magnesium. All these properties help the nervous system to function correctly, in addition to preventing some degenerative diseases. The potato is also an excellent ally when suffering from diseases of the digestive system, such as gastritis.
- 5 large potatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 chopped spring onion
- 5 stalks of celery
- 1.8 L of water
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 1 cup of liquid whole milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
How to prepare potato soup with vegetables:
- Wash, peel, and cut the potatoes into chunks in cubes of about 1×1 cm.
- Wash, peel and cut the carrot into pieces of approximately 1×1 cm.
- Wash and cut the celery into small pieces.
- In a saucepan, pour the water, add the potato, the carrot, the celery, and a pinch of salt. Cook over high heat for 20 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove and reserve the vegetables. Also, reserve the broth.
- Peel and cut the spring onion into small pieces.
- In a large saucepan, pour the olive oil and sauté the onion for about three minutes.
- Then, with the help of a paddle, add the flour little by little and stir gently until everything is integrated.
- Pour the milk, a pinch of pepper, and mix. Let it boil, constantly stirring until it thickens.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add the reserved vegetables and cook for another minute. Add one cup of the reserved water where the vegetables were cooked.