Old Fashioned Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce is a popular dessert that has been around for centuries. It can be served with custard sauce or whipped cream to add flavor and richness to the dish.
Bread pudding is a dessert prepared by soaking bread in milk, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract. The ingredients are then mixed and baked for about an hour.
- 4 slices of sliced bread
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 360 degrees.
- Grease the baking pan with butter or caramel.
- Cut bread into squares and dip in milk.
- While the bread is soaking well, beat the eggs with sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and nutmeg.
- Mix the egg mixture with the bread soaked in milk and add the raisins and almonds to the dough.
- Pour the batter into the mold previously greased with butter or caramel.
- Bake it for one hour until the pudding is cooked.
- One way to check for doneness is to insert a knife in the center of the pudding, and if it is dry when you take it out, it is cooked.