Looking for a breakfast treat that combines the flavors of sweet cinnamon rolls with the distinct taste of red velvet? Look no further than these fluffy and delicious Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls. These rolls feature a bright red hue and a hint of chocolate that perfectly complements the cream cheese frosting.
I just love making red velvet cinnamon rolls. This recipe combines the sweetness of a cinnamon roll with the irresistible flavor of red velvet. The cream cheese frosting on top just takes it to the next level! So, let’s get started and make these fluffy red velvet cinnamon rolls!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp red food coloring
For the Cinnamon Filling:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, sugar, yeast, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, microwave the butter and water until warm but not completely melted. Add red food coloring and stir to combine.
- Add the egg to the flour mixture and mix on high for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Gradually add an additional cup of flour and continue mixing until the dough comes together and forms a ball.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 6-8 minutes until smooth and elastic. (source: Ineskohl.info)
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a towel, and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon-filling ingredients and mix well.
- Roll the dough into a 10×16-inch rectangle. Spread the cinnamon filling mixture evenly over the dough.
- Roll the dough tightly, pinching the seam to seal.
- Cut the dough into 1-inch sections using unflavored dental floss or a sharp knife.
- Grease a baking dish and place the rolls inside, covering them with a towel. Let the rolls rise for 45-60 minutes or until they have doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the rolls for 23-28 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the dough is fully cooked.
- While the rolls are baking, make the cream cheese frosting. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting over the warm rolls and serve immediately. Enjoy!
These Fluffy Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls are perfect for a special breakfast or brunch occasion. The red velvet flavor is sure to impress, and the cream cheese frosting takes them to the next level. I hope you enjoy making these rolls for someone special in your life.