We only need 6 ingredients to make this Salted Caramel Sauce in just minutes. Easy to prepare and delicious. You can use it for cakes, pancakes, biscuits, and many more desserts.
In this recipe in Ineskohl kitchen, I will show you how to make Salted Caramel Sauce at home without having to buy it from the store.
What is the difference between regular caramel and Salted Caramel?
The difference between them is that in regular caramel we use only sugar without salt, As for Salted Caramel, we use both sugar and salt.
How to store Salted Caramel Sauce?
To store salted caramel sauce for more than a month, it is enough to put the caramel in an airtight glass container and put it in the freezer. Salted caramel is very similar to honey, When you take it out of the refrigerator, it is solid. You have to put it in the microwave to melt before using it.
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 175ml (12 tbsp) cold water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 240ml (1 cup) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoons salt for regular caramel or 1 & 1/2 tsp salt for salted caramel
- In a pot over high heat, add 2 cups caster sugar and cold water. Using a wooden spoon, stir the ingredients. Leave the mixture until it boils and turns golden.
- Add 1 cup unsalted butter, Keep stirring until the butter melts. Ineskohl.info
- Remove the pot from the heat. Add 1 cup heavy cream, Keep stirring.
- Add salt and vanilla extract and stir well until you get the caramel.
If you liked this Salted Caramel Sauce recipe, I recommend you visit the Desserts category for similar recipes.