Delight your guests with these bite-sized appetizers, perfect for brunch or a party. Crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside, these rolls bring together the savory taste of sausage with the smoothness of cream cheese, all with a hint of ranch flavor.
Discover the perfect appetizer for your next gathering: Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls. This easy-to-make recipe combines savory turkey sausage with creamy cheese, wrapped in a flaky crescent roll and seasoned with a hint of ranch. Dive into this step-by-step guide from Ineskohl Kitchen and treat your guests to a delightful bite-sized surprise!
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) Turkey Sausage (Pork Sausage can also be used)
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, cubed
- 4 tsp (half a package) Ranch Dry Seasoning Mix
- 1 package (8 count) Crescent Rolls
- Preparation: Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Cook the Sausage: In a lightly oiled skillet over medium heat, add the turkey sausage. Crumble and cook the sausage, breaking it up into smaller pieces until it’s fully cooked.
- Add Cream Cheese: Reduce heat to low. Introduce the cubed cream cheese to the skillet, stirring constantly until it’s fully melted and combined with the sausage.
- Season the Mixture: Sprinkle in the ranch dry seasoning mix. Mix it thoroughly into the sausage and cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Divide the Filling: To ensure even distribution, split the cream cheese and sausage mixture into 16 even portions within the skillet.
- Prepare the Crescent Rolls: Unroll the crescent rolls and lay them out flat. If you’re aiming for smaller, bite-sized appetizers, slice each roll in half to yield 16 strips.
- Fill and Roll: Place an even portion of the sausage and cream cheese mixture on each crescent strip. Begin rolling from the wider end towards the smaller tip, ensuring you tuck in the sides as you go.
- Bake: Place the filled crescent rolls on a baking sheet. Slide them into the preheated oven and bake for 11 to 13 minutes, or until they turn golden brown and flaky.
- Serve and Enjoy: Once baked, remove the rolls from the oven and let them cool slightly. Serve while warm. Perfect for parties, brunches, or just a savory treat!
Tips & Tricks:
- Variations: Feel free to use pork sausage if you prefer a richer flavor. Similarly, if you’re not a fan of ranch seasoning, consider using garlic powder, onion powder, or even some finely chopped fresh herbs like parsley or chives.
- Serving Suggestions: These rolls pair beautifully with a cool dip. Consider serving them with a side of ranch dressing, tzatziki, or even a spicy mayo. They are versatile enough to match many different flavors.
- Storage: If you happen to have leftovers (which might be a rare occurrence given how tasty these are!), store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to eat them again, reheat in an oven at 350°F for 5-7 minutes to maintain their flaky texture.
- For Larger Appetites: If you’re crafting these for breakfast or a more filling snack, don’t split the crescent rolls. The larger size makes them a great pair with scrambled eggs and some fresh fruit.
- Make Ahead: You can prepare the sausage and cream cheese mixture a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator. This will make assembling and baking the crescent rolls even quicker when you’re ready.
- Nutrition Boost: To add some greens, consider throwing in some finely chopped spinach or kale to the sausage and cream cheese mixture while cooking.