Indulge in a blast from the past with the nostalgic Woolsworth No-Bake Cheesecake. This creamy, zesty, and fuss-free delight is sure to transport you back in time.
Dive into a slice of history with the Woolsworth No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe. This creamy, zesty cheesecake, with a rich graham cracker crust, is an effortless dessert that’s sure to delight.
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 (3 oz) package of lemon jello
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about two-thirds of a box)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Start by setting out your 8 oz package of cream cheese to let it reach room temperature.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat 1 cup of water for 2 minutes and 40 seconds or until boiling.
- Once the water is boiling, dissolve the 3 oz package of lemon jello in it, ensuring no lumps remain. Set it aside to cool slightly.
- Take two-thirds of your graham cracker box and turn them into fine crumbs. This should give you about 3 cups of graham cracker crumbs.
- Mix the melted stick of butter into the graham cracker crumbs, ensuring every crumb is coated with butter. Press this mixture into the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan to form a thick crust. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the 1 and 1/2 cups of heavy cream until it reaches a fluffy consistency, just before the stiff peak stage.
- In a separate bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and 5 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Beat until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Gradually blend in the slightly cooled jello mixture to the cream cheese mixture, ensuring a smooth consistency.
- Carefully fold the fluffy heavy cream into this mixture until fully combined. (source: Ineskohl.info)
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the prepared graham cracker crust, leveling with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the top with some additional graham cracker crumbs for decoration.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, although overnight is recommended for best results.
- Once set, slice into squares and serve. Enjoy your trip down memory lane!
Tips and Variations:
- Texture: Ensure your cream cheese is completely at room temperature. This ensures a smooth and lump-free cheesecake mixture.
- Flavor Variations: While lemon jello gives a zesty twist, feel free to try different jello flavors like strawberry, raspberry, or even lime for a unique taste.
- Toppings: While this recipe uses graham cracker crumbs as a topping, you can also decorate with fresh fruits, chocolate shavings, or a drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce.
- Chilling: While a minimum of 2 hours of chilling will give you a set cheesecake, chilling overnight gives the flavors time to meld and results in a firmer texture.
- Serving: Use a sharp knife to slice the cheesecake. For cleaner slices, dip the knife in hot water between cuts.
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
A Little History:
The Woolsworth No-Bake Cheesecake is reminiscent of the good old days when department stores had snack counters. For many, this cheesecake brings back memories of simpler times and evokes a sense of nostalgia. The best part? Its simplicity does not compromise on taste. The delightful combination of creamy cheesecake with the tang of lemon and the crunch of graham crackers is irresistible.
Whether you’re making this for a special occasion or a simple weekend treat, the Woolsworth No-Bake Cheesecake promises a burst of flavors and memories in every bite. And the best part? No oven required! With its straightforward steps and common ingredients, this recipe will quickly become a favorite in your dessert repertoire.