Welcome back to the Ineskohl Kitchen, where we reimagine recipes and ensure your cooking is a soulful experience that lures the taste buds. Today, we will delve into the heart-warming realm of a Slow Cooker Pot Roast. Not only is it a family favorite, but it’s also an easy solution for a fulfilling meal on those busy weekdays. (https://ineskohl.info)
What could be more comforting than a sweet maple syrup-flavored chuck roast to celebrate the imminent arrival of fall? This slow-cooker recipe is perfect for flavoring up the house and giving you a treat!
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) onion powder
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) garlic powder
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 boneless 900 g (2 lb) beef chuck roast
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) beef broth
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 4 Nantes carrots, cut into pieces
- 8 new potatoes
- 1/2 small rutabaga, cut into cubes
- In a bowl, mix the onion powder with garlic powder, mustard, and thyme—season with salt and pepper.
- Remove excess fat from a chuck roast.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sear chuck roast for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the roast to a plate. Brush both sides of the roast with a mustard mixture.
- Place roast in the slow cooker. Add broth, maple syrup, and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours, until meat flakes easily with a fork.
Tips for the Perfect Slow Cooker Pot Roast:
- Choice of Meat: Opt for chuck or shoulder roast, which becomes tender and flavorful with slow cooking.
- Searing is Essential: Don’t skip searing the meat before slow cooking. It locks in flavor and provides a beautiful color.
- Herbs and Spices: Feel free to experiment with herbs and spices that suit your taste. Fresh herbs can also work wonderfully.
- Slow and Steady: A slow cooker pot roast isn’t a dish to rush. Low and slow is the way to go for the best results.
- Rest Your Roast: Allow the roast to rest before cutting into it. This keeps it juicy and tender.
This Slow Cooker Pot Roast is a comforting dish that fills your home with a tantalizing aroma and fills your belly with a rich, hearty meal. Join me again next time for more exciting recipes in the Ineskohl Kitchen. Until then, happy cooking!