Smothered Pork Chops are considered by a lot of people to be one of the classic dinners we enjoyed when we were little. And yes, you can easily prepare it these days as well. In fact, it might actually have a better result, since you have all kinds of condiments and compounds you can use to really make it shine. It’s always a great idea to try out the Smothered Pork Chops, as you never really know how much you like them. That’s especially true if you never tried them to begin with.
What ingredients do you need for the Smothered Pork Chops?
If you want to have 4 servings, then choose 4 pork chops that are still bone-in.
- ¼ of heavy cream is needed
- Around 1 and a half low sodium chicken broth
- Ground pepper and kosher salt
- All-purpose flour
- ¼ canola or veggie oil
- 2 sliced yellow onions, medium-sized
- 2 tsp of butter
- ¼ chili powder
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
How can you prepare the Smothered Pork Chops?
- The first thing you want to do is season your pork chops using pepper and salt.
- After you do so, take a shallower dish, and in there, you want to mix the chili powder with the garlic and flour.
- The next step is to try and coat these pork chops with flour. Don’t use all the flour; try to keep 2 tbsp aside. source: ineskohl.info
- Use a heavy skillet and heat around a quarter cup of oil until you see that it starts to shimmer. Start cooking the pork chops; you can do that a few at a time. We found that doing around 4 minutes per side is suitable. Wipe the skillet, lower the heat a bit and then add onions and the remainder of your oil.
- At this time, you want to season with some more pepper and salt, then cook for 20 minutes or less, until the meat has that caramel feel.
- You want to continue by adding some butter, sprinkling the remaining flour, and stop only when the flour isn’t raw anymore.
- You will need to stir the heavy cream and chicken broth, wait until it simmers for around 5 minutes.
This is when you add the pork chops back, and you will have to cook it for 10 minutes.
At the end you can add some parsley and serve your food.
It’s important to note that the Smothered Pork Chops can be made with boneless pork chops, if you want. Also, it’s possible to prepare this dish in the oven too. And yes, you are not forced to use heavy cream. If you don’t want to use that, then whole milk is a good option. Yes, it won’t be very creamy, which is something some people will dislike. But it’s still a great option to consider, and certainly something to keep in mind. Overall, the Smothered Pork Chops is an amazing dish and a lot of people cherish it and enjoy it. If you never tried it, follow this recipe, and you are bound to enjoy it!
I would like to try some of these recipes.
Pork chops look wonderful, will try tomorrow
Pork chop look so so good I want to try them all especially the one in the air fryer