These delicious cabbages stuffed with ground beef and rice will please your family so much that you won’t stop preparing them.
Time: 45 min. Approximately.
Servings: 6 approximately.
- 1 white cabbage cut in half
- 1 tablespoon of salt in grain
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 kilo of tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 kilo of ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of cooked white rice
- Cook the cabbage for 10 minutes in a pot of boiling water with sea salt; drain the water and let cool to room temperature.
- Strip the cabbage, being careful not to break the leaves; you need the largest and the medium-sized ones. Remove the core and chop the rest of the cabbage into strips.
- Place a bed of the chopped cabbage in a baking dish; set aside.
- Cook tomatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes or until skins come off easily; drain water and plunge into cold water.
- Remove skins and seeds; blend tomatoes to puree.
- SAUTE ¾ of the onion and two cloves of garlic in a saucepan, season with salt and pepper, add the tomato puree, sugar, and vinegar; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- PLACE a tablespoon of the sauce over the cabbage in the baking dish; set aside.
- Mix the ground beef with the cooked rice, egg, salt, pepper, a finely chopped clove of garlic, and a quarter of a finely chopped onion; mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Place some of the mixture on a cabbage leaf, roll it up and place it on the bed of sauce in a baking dish; repeat with the rest of the meat.
- Add the rest of the sauce over the cabbage rolls, cover with aluminum foil and bake at 180°C for 40 minutes; remove the foil and bake for 10 more minutes.