For the chicken:
- 3 or 4 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup and a half (375 ml) cornstarch
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) canola oil
Hawaiian sauce :
- 1 cup (250 ml) pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 drained pineapple cane or 2 cups of freshly cut pineapple
1. preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
2. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Season well with salt and pepper.
3. In a bowl, place the cornstarch. In another, the eggs are lightly beaten.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into the cornstarch and then into the egg. (Yes, yes, in that order)
5. In a saucepan, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat and make a sauce. Cook chicken until lightly browned.
6. Transfer the chicken to a lightly greased 9 by 13 Pyrex dish and place in the oven. oven.
7. In a medium bowl, mix the pineapple juice, brown sugar, hot pepper sauce, and soy, garlic, and cornstarch. Mix well. Add the peppers and the pieces pineapple.
8. Pour over the chicken in the Pyrex dish.
9. Cook for 1 hour, stirring gently every 15 minutes.
I like recipes that are prepared with fruit, it’s just much too good and refreshing! It’s the perfect meal idea for any family.