Make a smaller version of the classic fall dessert with a croissant. Recipe by Ineskohl.info
- 2 boxes (8 units each) of Pillsbury refrigerated croissants
- 2 green apples (Granny Smith or Golden Delicious)
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) butter, melted
- 250 ml (1 cup) packed golden brown sugar
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) lemon-lime soft drink
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C (350 °F). Spray a 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9 in.) pan with cooking spray.
- Separate the 2 boxes (8 units each) of Pillsbury refrigerated croissants by following the lines to obtain 16 triangles. Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices.
- Place 1 apple slice on the shortest side of each dough triangle. Starting at the shortest side of the triangle, roll out to the opposite side to wrap the apple slice; place in a baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) melted butter, 250 ml (1 cup) packed brown sugar, and 5 ml (1 teaspoon) ground cinnamon. Pour the mixture evenly over the dumplings.
- Pour 175 ml (3/4 cup) of lemon-lime pop in the center and along the edges of the pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked. Remove pan from oven and place on a rack. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Serve dumplings with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce!
Garnish the apples with a few chocolate chips before rolling them up for a very sweet dessert!