Casseroles have always been my family’s favorite. They are easy to make and turn out to be the best meal for a perfect dinner. Even for your date night or special events, they never disappoint. Today, I will be sharing the recipe for chicken pot pie casserole with biscuits. This oven-made casserole can be made with both homemade or store-bought biscuits. There is no denying that we all love such foods that are delicious and can save your time. And, something that you can make ahead of time or keep in the refrigerator for some days. You will enjoy the rich and yummy taste in every bite. The thick and mouth-watering creamy gravy with chicken and your favorite vegetables is quite a combination.
There are different variations for this recipe you can add different vegetables that you prefer. Moreover, the biscuits can be both homemade or bought directly from the store. The biscuits are also very easy to make and do not require a lot of struggles. This dish is perfect for Church potluck and serving your guests with homemade cooked food.
- 2 chicken boneless breast piece
- Butter 4 tbsp
- Chicken broth 3 cups
- 1 large onion finely diced
- Half cup of celery diced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- Onion powder half teaspoon
- Dry thyme half teaspoon
- Dry rosemary half teaspoon
- Half teaspoon ground sage
- Flour ⅓ cup
- Half cup of half and half
- Cube of bouillon 1
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 cup of peas (You can use both frozen and fresh)
- Carrots 2 diced
- Biscuit (Homemade and store brought)
- Take a pot and add the chicken and broth.
- Cook it for around 15 minutes or medium flame with lid covered.
- Don’t cook it on high flame as the chicken won’t be tender for the casserole. (source: ineskohl.info)
- Remove the chicken and with the help of a fork shred it nicely. Set it aside and keep the broth for later.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and add the onions, celery, carrots and sauté it for 4 minutes on a medium flame.
- Now add garlic, rosemary, ground sage, thyme, and onion powder. Cook it well for 1 minute.
- Add the flour now and let it cook till you see that the mixture is dried up. Add the chicken broth to 2 cups slowly by mixing it. Add the half and half slowly as well so the thickness of the gravy is not disturbed.
- Now we will add the chicken bouillon with soya sauce. After a minute add the shredded chicken and mix it well.
- Slowly, the gravy will start to become thick but cook on a low flame now. As we want to make it thicker.
- You can also add more chicken broth if you like as the biscuits can absorb it while you are baking. Add the frozen peas now and remove them from the heat in 5 minutes.
- Transfer the gravy to a greased pan, but you can also add the skillet if it is oven safe. Add the biscuits on top of the gravy. At 450 degrees, cook it for 5 minutes or till the biscuits are brown.
- Take it out and serve it hot and fresh to your family and friends.
this collection of receipes were great for what my family loves to eat. Cant wait to start using g them. Thznk you
Looks good, will have to try it
Will make this chicken pot pie casserole soon..sounds perfect for our bunch
Do you bake the biscuits before for putting them on top of casserole.let me know right away because want to bake it tonite
i love cooking with my kids