This chicken pie takes a bit of time to make since you have to let the ingredients cool down, but it is still very simple to prepare, and above all, the result is delicious. A single-crust chicken pot pie, prepared in a rectangular baking dish rather than a pie plate.
Preparation: 15min ‘ Cooking: 1h25min ‘ Ready in : 1h40min
- 6 chicken thighs with bone and skin
- 1 ¼ cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (284 ml) condensed chicken cream
- 1 ¼ cup prepared flour (baking agents already incorporated)
Steps of preparation
- Place chicken thighs in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked and tender for about 45 minutes. Once cooked, set aside to cool and save 2 cups of the cooking liquid. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones and chop. Discard skin and bones.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are tender. Drain and let air dry.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bring milk and butter to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until butter is melted. Let cool completely.
- Place cooked chicken in the bottom of a 13 x 9″ baking dish. Arrange potato cubes on top.
- In a bowl, whisk the 2 cups of chicken broth previously set aside with the condensed chicken soup. Pour over the potatoes.
- Transfer cooled milk to a mixing bowl and stir in flour, 1/2 cup at a time; mix until smooth. Spread batter in baking dish.
- Bake until pie is bubbling and the top crust is golden brown, about 40 minutes. visit ineskohl.info for more recipes
Be sure to use enough water to cook the chicken so that you have 2 cups of liquid after cooking.
Note: Make sure to use enough water to cook the chicken so that you have 2 cups of liquid after cooking:
Be sure to let the milk cool completely. If it’s still warm, it could cause lumps.