Most kids (and even grown adults) love spicy fried chicken; the easiest way is to prepare it at home. That’s why we present you the recipe of the chicken prepared like at KFC.
The secret of KFC chicken is the marinade; it is prepared with different spices that give it its unique taste! Our chicken can be cooked in two ways, fried in oil or baked in the oven, the result is a little different, but both ways give a tastier result than the original.
Serve this chicken with ketchup or a hot sauce if you wish; it will be even better. Serve with a fresh vegetable salad for a complete meal.
Ingredients for 10 pieces:
- 2 kg of skinless chicken cut into pieces
- 50 g of flour
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons of mustard
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 fat-free chicken stock cube
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- Begin preparation by mixing the baking soda, salt, ginger, eggs, parsley, mustard, paprika, oregano, cumin, basil, and pepper in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Peel the onion and garlic and chop them. Then boil water in a pan, put the garlic, onion, stock cube, and chicken pieces in it, and let it cook for 40 minutes.
- Put the chicken pieces in the spice mixture and let it rest for 5 hours in the refrigerator.
- Put the flour, salt, and pepper in another bowl, then put the chicken pieces in it.
- Fry the chicken pieces in oil for 3 minutes on each side and place them on paper towels.
- If you want to bake your chicken in the oven, put it on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for 40 minutes at 180°. Turn the chicken occasionally so that it cooks evenly.
- Serve the KFC-style chicken hot with a fresh vegetable salad.
Thank you very much this recipes going to help me to cook better
thought kfc had 11 secret spice recipe?
I thought it had 11 herbs and spices.
I managed a KFC in my younger years. KFC does not marinade their original recipe chicken. The secret recipe spices come in a bag that is added to flour. The chicken is floured and put in a “birdcage”. The birdcage is then put in a sealed pressure cooker. The sludge from those cookers is strained to get the oil out, and then the sludge is used to make the gravy. They never boil the chicken for 40 minutes, then bread it, then cook it again. This recipe posting is “whack”!
Excited about trying all your recipes! Homemade
recipes are the Best! Thanks