This pecan pie is a delicious delight, so get ready to make it!
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 7 tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup cold water
- 70 g melted butter
- ¾ cup of muscovado sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts + sufficient amount of whole walnuts
- Mix in a bowl the wheat flour together with the sugar and salt. Add the butter cubes and incorporate them into the flour with the fingertips until a sandy consistency is obtained. Pour in the cold water and mix it by kneading with your hands until you obtain a dough; add a little more cold water if the mixture is too sandy.
- Form the dough into a sphere and flatten it with your hands to form a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Roll out the pie base with a rolling pin until it is about 5 mm thick, and line a 23 cm diameter pie pan with it.
- Spread the chopped walnuts on the bottom of the pie base and pour the filling over them. Decorate the surface of the pie with whole walnuts.
- Bake the pie for 40 minutes or until the surface is lightly browned.
- Serve the pecan pie at room temperature.