Are you looking for an easy thin pie crust recipe? Here’s the one from Ineskohl.info , an expert pastry chef, that works well for more delicate pies. Take inspiration from our recipes in our dessert section to top this beautiful pie crust with a variety of interesting fillings.
Pie crust is a dough that can be made with either butter or shortening as the fat. The butter version is richer in flavor and texture but requires more time to chill before rolling out. The shortening version can be rolled out more quickly but does not have as much flavor or texture as the butter version.
Total time: 2 h 50 min
Preparation time 30 min
Cooking time 20 min
Refrigeration 2 h
- 100 g (1/2 cup) butter at room temperature
- 40 g (1/3 cup) powdered sugar
- 40 g (3/8 cup) almond powder
- 1 small egg (or 1/2 of a large egg)
- 155 g (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, mix butter with sugar and almond powder until smooth.
- Add the egg, mix well and incorporate the flour.
- Mix until you obtain a homogeneous dough without working it too much to avoid that it becomes too elastic.
- Wrap the dough in parchment paper and let it rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and roll it out on a floured surface with a rolling pin until it is 2 to 4 mm thick. Prick the dough several times with a fork.
- Place the dough on a buttered pie plate and line the pan well.
- Let the dough rest again in the refrigerator for 2 hours or more if time permits.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 15 to 25 minutes.
Good to know!
The secret is to give the dough time to rest. Patience is the key to happiness.