Howdy, y’all! Today, I’m excited to share with you my recipe for Pinto Beans with Mexican-Style Seasonings. This dish is a Texas staple and is loved by many. The recipe is simple, but the combination of spices and seasonings makes it a flavorful and delicious side dish.
Today, I’m excited to share with you my recipe for delicious Mexican Pinto Beans. These beans are packed with flavor and are perfect as a side dish for any occasion. So, let’s get started!
- 1 pound of pinto beans, washed and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapenos (optional), chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Nor chicken bouillon
- 6 cups of water
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, jalapenos (if using), and minced garlic. Saute for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Transfer the sauteed vegetables to a crock pot. Add the washed and rinsed pinto beans, can of tomato sauce, mustard, bay leaves, chili powder, cumin, oregano, black pepper, Nor chicken bouillon, and water.
- Stir everything together until well combined.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low heat for 8 hours or until the beans are tender.
- Once the beans are cooked, remove the bay leaves and discard them.
- Serve the Mexican Pinto Beans as a side dish or with some rice for a complete meal.
Here are some unique tips that you won’t find anywhere else:
- Use smoked paprika: If you want to add a smoky flavor to your beans, try substituting some of the chili powder with smoked paprika. It’ll give your dish a unique, Texas-style twist that everyone will love.
- Soak the beans overnight: While it’s not necessary to soak pinto beans before cooking them, it can help to soften them up and reduce cooking time. Soaking them overnight in water with a tablespoon of salt can also enhance their flavor and texture.
- Use fresh herbs: While dried herbs are great in a pinch, using fresh herbs can take your dish to the next level. Try using fresh oregano and cilantro in your recipe for an added burst of flavor.
- Add some bacon: For a true Texas-style flavor, try adding some chopped bacon to your recipe. Cook the bacon until crispy and then use the rendered fat to sauté the vegetables. The result will be a delicious, smoky flavor that will make your mouth water.
- Experiment with toppings: While Pinto Beans with Mexican-Style Seasonings Recipe is delicious on its own, you can also experiment with toppings to make it even more flavorful. Try topping it with some shredded cheese, diced avocado, or a dollop of sour cream for a delicious twist.
So there you have it, folks – my tips for making the perfect Pinto Beans with Mexican-Style Seasonings Recipe.
Enjoy your delicious and flavorful Mexican Pinto Beans! They’re perfect for any occasion and are sure to please your taste buds. Don’t forget to let me know how they turned out for you. Happy cooking!
Pinto Beans with Mexican-Style Seasonings is a dish that is not only delicious but also healthy. Pinto beans are a great source of protein and fiber, making this dish a nutritious addition to any meal.
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think. I promise you won’t be disappointed!