It’s Friday and you don’t know what to serve for dinner? Do you think it’s a good idea to pick up a meal at a restaurant? No need to go to a restaurant tonight, the dish we offer you is the perfect supper dish.
Who doesn’t like a good sweet and sour chicken dish? You like it, but find it too complicated to cook? We now offer you a quick and easy version of this dish that everyone loves.
You will have a delicious dish without spending hours in the kitchen preparing it. What more could you ask for?
Forget about the restaurant and prepare this dish, your whole family will be delighted.
- 1 pound of chicken (cut into pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
For the sweet and sour sauce:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees f and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large Ziploc, combine chicken, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and garlic salt, shake until chicken is well coated.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture and place it in the pan. Brown both sides of chicken, about 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to the prepared baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk all sauce ingredients. Pour sauce over chicken and bake for 20 minutes. Turn chicken to coat evenly with sauce and continue cooking for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.