In the list of the world-known desserts, bread pudding is quite famous. The creamy and rich taste surely sweetens up your tastebuds. It is an all-time favourite dessert, a Southern recipe with many layers. You have wafers, bananas, cookies, and yummy whipped cream. It is impossible to resist this dessert. But why go to restaurants for it when you can make it at home. Here is a quick and easy recipe for making banana pudding and enjoying it in the comfort of your home.
- 1 can of condensed milk 14oz
- 1 small pack of instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 and a half cups of milk
- 1 box of vanilla wafer cookies
- 4 bananas (Slice it)
- 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar
- Take a large bowl in which you add milk, instant pudding mix, and condensed milk. Now mix it up nicely, ensuring there are no lumps. Refrigerate the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Now take another bowl in which add the heavy cream and vanilla extract. Take a beater and mix it nicely for 3-4 minutes. Take half of the mixture and add in the pudding mix. The other half will be used later in the recipe, so refrigerate it.
- Take a trifle dish in which cover the bottom with vanilla wafers. Now add the pudding, mix more wafers and add some bananas over it. Repeat your process, and the top should be the pudding mix.
- Cool your banana pudding for now.
- Add sugar in half of the cream remaining. Mix it with a beater, and your sweetened whipped cream is ready.
- Put it at the top of your banana pudding and cool it again for 5 to 6 hours.
- Your banana pudding is ready to serve that will be so yummy and delicious. (source: ineskohl.info)
Do you need a trifle dish for this recipe?
Trifle dish is the most authentic and easy for following the recipe. If you don’t have it, use mason jars or water glasses. The method is difficult, but there is no need to purchase a new trifle dish.
Can you make banana pudding in advance?
The beauty of this dessert is that you can make it in advance for any special occasion and guests. You do not have to do all the hard work of cooking on the same day. You can make it one or two days before and refrigerate it. We prefer making it a day before as the wafer cookies become soggy.
Can I freeze the leftovers of banana pudding?
We would never recommend freezing the banana pudding. The ingredients, when defrosting, would get watery, and the original taste won’t be there. If you want to keep it, we recommend 4 days only in the fridge.
Can I use homemade pudding?
Well, of course, you can. In the banana pudding recipe, we have added instant mix, preferable for most people. But if you can make pudding at home, there is nothing better than that. You can go for this customization in the recipe.