Hey there, food lovers! Ineskohl Kitchen is back with another scrumptious recipe! Today, I’m going to share with you a step-by-step guide to making the most amazing Moist Sweet Potato Cornbread using a Jiffy Cornbread mix. Trust me, it’s super easy, and the result is a mouth-watering treat that’ll have you coming back for seconds. So, let’s get started!
Can I use fresh sweet potatoes instead of canned yams?
Absolutely! You can swap out the canned yams for about 2 cups of cooked and mashed sweet potatoes. Just be sure to cook them until they’re soft and easy to mash. The end result will still be a delicious cornbread, promise!
How should I store the leftover cornbread?
To keep your cornbread fresh, store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you need to store it for a longer period, wrap it tightly and refrigerate for up to a week.
Can I freeze this cornbread?
Absolutely! To freeze, let the cornbread cool completely, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Store it in an airtight container or a resealable plastic freezer bag for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy it again, just thaw it at room temperature and reheat it in the oven if desired.
What can I serve with this cornbread?
This Moist Sweet Potato Cornbread pairs wonderfully with a variety of dishes, like chili, soups, stews, or even your favorite barbecue. It’s a versatile side that’ll elevate any meal!
- 1 can of yams (approx. 2 cups after draining and mashing)
- 2 boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- Red and yellow food coloring (optional)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tbsp butter (for topping)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Drain the canned yams and use a mixer to mash them until they have a smooth consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the two boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix to remove any large lumps.
- Add the mashed yams, the entire can of sweetened condensed milk, and the egg to the cornbread mix.
- Stir in the ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, brown sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract, mixing well to combine.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring until everything is well incorporated.
- If desired, add a few drops of red and yellow food coloring to achieve a more vibrant, orange color for your cornbread.
- Grease a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and evenly spread the cornbread mixture in the pan. (source: Ineskohl.info)
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cornbread is baking, mix 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Once the cornbread is done, remove it from the oven and immediately brush the butter and brown sugar mixture all over the top, making sure to cover the entire surface.
And there you have it! A delectable and moist Sweet Potato Cornbread that’s perfect for any occasion. Give this recipe a try, and let me know what you think in the comments. Don’t forget to check out Ineskohl.info for more amazing recipes, and if you enjoyed this one, share it with your friends and family. Happy baking!