The carrot cake recipe is an incredibly interesting recipe that impresses you with its great quality and taste. Despite the fact that it’s made using a vegetable, this recipe is actually filled with nutrients and its taste is unlike anything you can find out there. This is also a seasonal recipe, with most people enjoying it during Easter. However, you can feel free to try and prepare it during the entire year if you want, there aren’t that many restrictions with it. You just have to find the ideal option that suits your needs and just go from there.
This is more of a complex recipe when compared to others, but it still is one of the most interesting options to try out if you want great, creative recipes. It’s totally worth a try if you are interested in recipes that are creative, innovative and distinct. Plus, the best part is that you can add your own spin to it if you want to.
What ingredients do you need for the carrot cake recipe?
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 and a half tsp of ground cinnamon
- Half a tsp of ground ginger
- ¼ tsp of ground nutmeg
- Half a tsp of salt
- ¾ parts of a cup of either veggie oil or canola
- 4 larger eggs
- 1 and a half cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 125 grams of applesauce, preferably unsweetened
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract, pure
- 300 grams of grated carrots
Aside from that, for the cream cheese frosting that you add on this cake you need an 8 ounce package of brick style cream cheese, 115 grams of unsalted butter, 2 cups of powdered sugar and a tsp of vanilla extract.
Preparing the carrot cake
- The first thing you want to do is to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Then you spray the pans with some non stick cooking spray.
- Now you must use a mixing bowl and here you must whisk the salt, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and the flour.
- Use another bowl where you combine and whisk the vanilla extract, applesauce, granulated and brown sugar, eggs, oil, etc. You also need to add your grated carrots here and continue mixing until it’s all combined. Ineskohl Kitchen
- All the wet ingredients must be poured into the dry ones. Use either a spatula or a whisk so you can fully combine them.
- Lastly, you must pour your cake batter evenly on your cake pans. Bake at the same temperature listed above. You can transfer everything to your wire rack when done, and then let them cool, remove them from the pans and put the cakes to the wire rack so they are fully cooled down.
- In order to make the cream cheese frosting, you beat the cream cheese until it’s smooth, thanks to the mixer. You can add the butter, mix it for 30 seconds, then you add the powdered sugar until it’s all combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl as you need. (source: ineskohl.info)
- If you want to assemble the cake, you can level the top of each cake using a cake leveler or even your own knife. Place a cake on the stand, top it with frosting, then place the other one on the top and use the frosting on the sides. Pecans and other various toppings can be added at the top.
The carrot cake is a great recipe and one that a lot of people love. It’s well worth testing it out, especially if you enjoy cakes made out of carrots. Plus, if you never tried it again, it’s certainly worth your time, just give it a shot!