My mom always loved to bake. She would cook and cook and cook. I never really knew what she was doing, just that it smelled good, and I couldn’t wait to eat it.
She would always give me chocolate chip cookies. Still, my favorite was the German Chocolate Cookie Bars she made for Thanksgiving.
I don’t know how she made them, but they were a total mystery to me. All I know is that they tasted amazing!
You won’t believe how easy these German Chocolate Cookie Bars are to make.
This is one of the most popular desserts during the holiday season, and it’s a tradition for many families to make them together as a bonding experience.
But there’s no need to wait until Christmas or Thanksgiving. You can make these bars any time of year!
- 1 package (14 oz.) individually wrapped candies, unwrapped
- ⅓ cup (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) German chocolate cake mix
- ¾ cup melted butter
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Melt caramels with 1/3 cup condensed milk.
- Combine cake mix with melted butter and 1/2 cup condensed milk in a separate bowl. Stir well.
- Spread half of the cake mix in the pan and bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with caramel, chips, and pecans. Top with remaining cake mixture. Bake for another 10 minutes.
I love seeing your recipes! So many I want to make!
I love looking at recipes & getting new ideas for something to fix, especially around holiday time. Thank you for sharing.
Need to try some of these recipes
like the looks of the recipes and want to try some.